Back To Life
WHO WE ARE
We are KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria. A local non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB)
WHAT WE DO
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a local non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the Nigeria. We are a local center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national context.
— Our Vision
Nigeria Free of Tuberculosis!
— Our Mission
To eliminate TB through the development and implementation of effective, efficient and sustainable TB control strategies.
— 7 Guiding Principles
- Base the KNCV Nigeria TB control strategy on the Universal Health Care agenda
- Address the legal and ethical issues of TB care and adopt a human rights-based approach
- Identify the greatest impact at the lowest cost and least effort
- Ensure local context in the design of interventions
- Value and build partnerships at all levels
- Generate evidence to inform best practices in program implementation
- Mobilize resources to develop and support implementation of novel approaches and technologies for TB control
A world free of TB!
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is proud to be the lead partner of the Challenge TB project, the primary mechanism for implementing the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) vision of a world free of TB, and for supporting the global End TB Strategy.
Stigma and discrimination are recognized as some of the most commonly identified barriers to fight the TB epidemic. Reducing TB stigma is therefore essential because it hinders care seeking, tracing infected contacts, outbreak investigations, treatment initiation, adherence and quality of care.